• Decrease font size
  • Increase font size
  • Print Page

Making a complaint

If you are not satisfied with the hardship assistance provided or the arrangement entered into, you have the right to lodge a complaint with your bank and then subsequently with other parties. You can also use this process to complain about other products or services you receive from your bank.

Under the Code of Banking Practice and the National Credit Code, a bank must have a complaints handling procedure in place – this is called Internal Dispute Resolution (IDR). In many cases, the complaint will be resolved internally by the bank with no further action required.

However, if your bank does not, or cannot, resolve the complaint to your satisfaction, the bank must inform you that they you have the right to take your dispute with the bank to EDR scheme such as the Financial Ombudsman Service (FOS) or the Credit Ombudsman Service Limited.

If you think your bank has breached the Code of Banking Practice, you can also take the matter to the Code Compliance Monitoring Committee (CCMC).

Introduction i.e. steps to resolving an issue with your bank

Internal dispute resolution

External dispute resolution